Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Panel Day Reflection

On Monday, March 28th, we had three panelists come in from the community. One came from a religious perspective, Marry Anne Hegemen, one came from a legal stand point, Tom Little and the other came from a personal and political view, David Zuckerman.
Mary Anne Hegemen had a religious view on same-sex marriage. She believes that god created woman for man, not man for man. I did not agree with her views, so I did not enjoy listening to her. I want to go on terrible rants about her and her religious views, but I won't.
David Zuckerman was a state representative for 14 years. He came from a personal and legal stance. I liked him the most because he had a s Snapple and some pretzels from the cafeteria. He defiantly supported same-sex marriage. He told us about his daughter who has a friend who has two moms. For his daughter, having a friend who has two moms or two dads is just normal.
Tom Little came from a legal stance on same-sex marriage. He supports it. I cool thing I remember him talking about was that when they were voting on same-sex marriage, he was talking with his kids about it, and they just thought that it was no big deal. If someone loves someone of the same-sex, they should be allowed to marry them.

No comments:

Post a Comment